Takes: 35 minutes (plus chilling)
- 300g self-raising flour
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 375ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Pulp from 4 passion fruit
- 110g caster sugar
- Butter, melted, for brushing
- 150g coconut yogurt
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Toasted coconut flakes, to decorate
Step by Step:
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the brown sugar. Make a well in the centre. Whisk the milk, eggs and half the passion fruit pulp together in a jug. Pour the mixture into the well and mix until thoroughly combined. Chill for 15 mins.
- Heat the caster sugar and remaining passion fruit pulp in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then turn the heat up to high. Cook, without stirring, for 3 mins or until thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with melted butter. Ladle batter into the pan to make small pancakes. Cook for 2 mins or until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter. Turn and cook for 1 min or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat Step 3 with the remaining batter to make 12 pancakes in total. Stack the pancakes on serving plates and top with the coconut yogurt and banana. Drizzle over the passion fruit sauce and decorate with the toasted coconut (if using). Serve.