Takes: 55 minutes (plus chilling)
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 sliced lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed, plus 4 whole cloves
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan 180°C, gas 6). Line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and the leaves from two of the rosemary sprigs in a large bowl. Add the chicken, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and chill for at least 30 mins.
- Arrange the lemon slices and whole garlic cloves on the prepared tray. Top with the chicken, skin-side up, and scatter over the remaining rosemary sprigs. Bake, basting frequently, for 45 mins or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve.