- 500g beef mince
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tbsp freshly grated root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 nests of medium egg noodles
- 1tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 200g Chinese leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2.5cm lengths, plus extra, thinly sliced, to garnish
- 6tbsp beef stock
- 4tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- thinly sliced red chilli, to garnish
Step by Step
- Combine the mince, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions. Drain, rinse under cold running water and set aside.
- Heat the peanut or vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the mince mixture and stir-fry for 4-5 mins, breaking up lumps with a heatproof spatula. Add the chinese leaf lettuce, red pepper and spring onions. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins, until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the beef stock, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce in a jug. Add to the wok along with the noodles and stir-fry for 1-2 mins, until piping hot.
- Divide between four serving bowls and garnish with the thinly sliced spring onion and red chilli.